Please be advised that energy costs have increased in the last several years. We would like to therefore encourage everyone to participate in helping us decrease energy costs in your building by following some of the strategies listed below:
- Take advantage of the heat from the sun and open curtains on your south facing windows during the day to allow sunlight to naturally heat your apartment and close them at night to reduce the chill from cold windows.
- Tape clear plastic film on the inside of your window frames during cold winter weather to reduce draft.
- Install insulating drapes or shades on windows that feel drafty.
- When you are at home and awake, set your thermostat (if applicable) as low as is comfortable.
- When you are asleep or out of your apartment, turn your thermostat (if applicable) to low or at least 10 degrees to 15 degrees lower.
- Do not open windows if it gets too hot where thermostat is not available; just shut off the valve to your radiator unit.
- Please keep your lights off when not at home. Terrace lights (if applicable) should also be off during daylight hours and when terrace (if applicable) is not in use during the evening.
- Please conserve water and report any leaks to the Buildings maintenance staff.
- Do not keep lights on during sunny days or at night in the areas of your apartment not in use and when sleeping.
- Consider installing energy efficient bulbs in all fixtures and purchase energy efficient plugs in night lights, if illumination is important to you during the night.
We thank everyone for helping us conserve energy.
We can be reached 24 hours a day 7 days per week at 718 796-5022.